5 Things: City Council Edition
From a $4.5 million dollar lease to $2.6 million to the schools; we have what you need to know about City Council decisions from Monday.
1. The City Council voted to approve a 25 year lease of the Bigelow School to the Assabet Collaborative. Ongoing maintenance of the building will be taken care of while the city receives roughly $4.5 million over the course of the lease.
2. The council voted to put $100,000 into an account to cover costs associated with Hurricane Sandy.
3. The approval of an inter-municipal agreement paved the way for an extension of the Assabet River Rail Trail. It will eventually run all the way to Acton.
4. The Executive Office of Public Safety and Security has awarded the City of Marlborough a grant in the amount of $99,805 that will help offset dispatch costs.
5. The Finance Committee will be discussing an additional $2.6 million requested to go to the school district.