5 Things: Black Friday Edition
We have the information you need to prepare yourself for venturing out on Black Friday.
1. Solomon Pond Mall beat most of the big stores to the punch this year when they opened up at 12:30 a.m. this morning. Walmart was forced to move their preferred opening time back. They were in line with other stores such as Target with their opening time in Massachusetts.
2. CaRMaH (Cat Rescue of Marlborough and Hudson) is looking for donations today. They are filling a van with supplies for the New York animal shelters still struggling from the hurricane devastation. A donation of cat or dog food (canned and dry) and cat litter are suggested. Donations can be left in front of green shed at 16 Abigail Drive in Hudson, until sunset on Friday.
3. Looking to get back on track so you don't pile on the holiday pounds too early in the season, we put together a story on dealing with the Thanksgiving leftovers and maintaining your figure.
4. We know most of your purchases will end up stashed away in a dark closet corner waiting for the holidays. However, for those that you end up ripping into today, remember that the boxes they came in will have to wait to be put out for trash pickup tomorrow. Trash pick up will be on Saturday, Nov. 24 due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
5. Commerce Bank is making it easy for you to get toys to children in need of a holiday as they have begun collecting Toys for Tots at their locations.