5 Things: Library Bedbugs and Snow
From the low down on bedbugs and libraries to the potential for snow next week; we have what you need to know today.
1. We have spoken with the Marlborough Library Director Margaret Cardello about bedbugs and she has assured us that they have never been in the Marlborough Library. The information about the bugs getting into library books is making the rounds, she said, but has not been an issue in Marlborough.
The questions came following an article about the health inspector's time spent dealing with the issue.
2. Want to embrace the giving side of the season? There will be an opportunity today. Bring a handwritten letter to Santa to the Believe Station in Macy's at the Solomon Pond Mall and the store will donate $2 to the Make a Wish Foundation. Macy's will be doing this throughout the season, with up to a $1 million donation, but the donation today will put an additional dollar on top of the donation, which will be $1 throughout the rest of the season, that will not count towards the $1 million cap.
3. Planning for next week? Well you might want to account for snow according to some of the latest predictions.
4. Something else to plan on is having your voice heard. There is a public discussion set to take place next Wednesday to talk about concerns of residents around the new Senior Center in Ward Park. This is your chance to have your voice heard with the mayor and city officials present.
5. The city of Marlborough has 2,538 according to U.S. Census data.