5 Things: Assessments and Trash Collection
From the opportunity to review your properties assessment to trash collection on Friday; we have what you need to know right here.
1. The value of your home, as assessed by the city, is now available in City Hall and at the Library. Taxpayer concerns will be investigated and wherever possible corrected before seeking final DOR certification. The period for review of valuations will end at the close of business on Thursday, November 29th.
2. Solid waste collection and recycling will occur on Friday on the regular schedule.
3. The Finance Committee will be discussing the initial $500,000 to go towards planning of the proposed $7 million new Senior Center.
4. A grant proposal from the Marlborough Police and Marlborough Hospital referenced interesting facts. Domestic Violence occurs once every nine seconds in the U.S. It results is three murders a day nationwide.
5. Also from that same report was information that Hospital violence from patients and staff has increased three fold over five years ago. The Hospital, which used to be considered a safe haven is now listed as an industry facing an increase in violence.