5 Things: $15,000 from a Gas Station and Jobs
The city could get $15,000 from a gas station and jobs; we have what you need to know right here.
1. A proposed Cumberland Farms gas station on Maple Street is before the Urban Affairs Committee. So far, the company has proposed $15,000 in mediation to go towards area upgrades around the station. Councilor Matt Elder said in the meeting he would like to see additional funds.
2. That same store was knocked back to 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week in a vote by the committee. The original application was for a 24 hour store open seven days a week. Representatives for the company explained that every store needs to stand on its own merit financially and that cuts to hours and more mitigation funds may strain the financial case for the location.
3. We have a winner! The photo contest winner for winter sports has been picked and it is a great action shot. You can view it — and the other photos — here.
4. Looking for a job? We have a listing available right here on the Marlborough Patch. Not everything is in town, but isn't that was 495 is for?
5. Want to follow a home town celebrity? You have to look no further than Marcia Cross from Desperate Housewives who was born in Marlborough.